What to know about bed bugshnk_admin
How scary these two words sound!
What can be worse than waking up in the morning with small patches of blood on the bed sheet and itchy rashes on your skin?
Yes, it’s a sign that you have bed bugs and can really make your sleeps worse than before if you don’t find the solution for it. These gross critters live on the blood of humans and usually hide in clothes, bags, luggage, used furniture and bedding. Their flattened bodies make it possible for them to fit into tiny spaces like bed frames where they get easy access to human blood. Bed bugs feed by piercing the skin 3 to 10 times and then crawl away unnoticed. If you don’t want to become a victim of the itchy welts on your skin then let’s look at few ways on how you can prevent these tiny creatures from trespassing –
- You don’t have to throw away all your belongings if they are infected with bed bugs. Pest control will take care of your furniture and mattresses meanwhile you can put all your clothes through a washer on the hottest temperature as heat can kill all stages of bed bug development.
- Don’t forget to check your cupboard because clothing is the second most loved hiding place for bed bugs. Also, check the area around the bed, including the edge of carpet.
- Use a stiff brush or vacuum cleaner to clean the edges of mattresses, rugged carpets, walls, bed framesand other surfaces.
- Steam cleaning of carpets can also help you in killing the bedbugs.
- Keep the mattresses and box springs enveloped in a tightly woven cover so that bedbugs don’t get any space to enter or escape.
- Fix the cracks in your bed and glue down loosened or chipped wallpaper to eliminate bed bug harborage sites.
- Even if after a good number of days, bed bugs don’t stop crawling on your skin then it’s better to call pest control management and let them do their job. They will check all corners of your house to identify the infected areas.
Getting bed bugs out of your home is not an overnight quick fix but takes time. You will need to keep a regular check to make sure that your home is free of bed bugs.
Don’t let the bedbugs bite”