Rules for sharing a refrigerator with your flatmatehnk_admin
Happiness is only real when shared.
Sharing is always fun and helps in building a strong bond between two individuals. It’s a great way to save money as well if you are living in a rented place with few other flat mates.
When it comes to share things with your flat mate, it’s always better to be clear on the rules for using any equipment that neither of you own but use it every single day.
To be specific, let’s look at some tips on how to share a REFRIGERATOR with your flat mate –
- First task is to decide whether you are buying your own groceries or sharing it with your flat mate. If either/both of you is working and finds it really difficult to spare some time for grocery shopping, it’s better to fix turns. Find a solution that fits the best for both of you.
- The easiest way to stop losing your most loved food items is to mark the packets with your name written on it. Yes, it sounds pretty weird but works great when there are 4-5 people sharing a refrigerator.
- Divide sections of the fridge equitably for each person’s groceries as it makes the whole task of sharing easier. Example: one can take the first shelf, one gets the side door, one has the second shelf and a particular section can be kept for common items like ketchup, sauces and spices. Make sure that there is enough space for everyone to lay in some extra supplies.
- Always keep your fridge organized. Add cleaning up the fridge as a mandatory chore to your cleanup routine. Don’t be the one who doesn’t ditch rotten leftovers and expired food items until a foul smell starts coming out from the refrigerator. Clean it up before it turns into a mushy mess.
- Make sure to tightly covered super-aromatic food items like fish, pickles etc. to prevent any smell.
Make these rules clear to everyone to avoid unwanted troubles.
ROOMMATE RULES –
• Help each other
• Be responsible
• Be courteous
• Talk often
• Have fun and make crazy memories.
• Sharing is caring!