How to identify a good landlordhnk_admin
Renting is definitely a smart choice for individuals who opt to study or work away from their hometowns as it offers a low-commitment living with no hassle of lease agreements or brokerage.
Don’t commit the mistake of finalizing the renting decision in a hurry, as it will always lead to unwanted troubles and days of inconvenience. One must surely have a face-to-face conversation with landlord with all your queries sorted during apartment walkthrough before sealing the deal. Spotting an honest landlord is equally important as finding a convenient apartment of your choice. A good landlord-tenant relationship will have a huge impact on your overall happiness during the rental as landlord is the only person you can rely on in case of emergencies or any damages. If the landlord is total thumbs-down, even a short-term lease will give you long-term hassle.
Below mentioned are the qualities one needs to look for in an apartment landlord –
- Be upfront about even the tiniest of details and make sure that your landlord provides you with all the legal rental agreements and deposit receipts on time to maintain the transparency.If the personseems more worried about selling the apartment under any circumstances and gets annoyed with your every query then surely he is not up for a fair deal.
- Don’t ignore any sort of damage or leakage you spot during your apartment walkthrough but ask the landlord to fix them in a stipulated time frame. If repairs are not being fixed after an expected time frame then surely you must look for another rental unit. A responsible landlord should always take initiative for the repairs and maintenance of the property. The landlord owns the property and ought to be maintaining it in such a way that it is not depreciating in a value.
- Landlord should provide you the flexibility of inviting friends over your place and make some modifications in the interiors if you want. He shouldn’t be very fussy and interfering in your personal concerns. Avoid someone who comes across as rude or arrogant.
- As you can’t measure your landlord’s personality in one go so it’s advisable to have a talk with existing tenants or neighbors. Perform a thorough research and check for complaints or lawsuits.Look at some online reviews if available but don’t fix the decision in hurry. If the landlord hesitates in giving you the names of current or former tenants then this must be an indicator for you to look for another option. Patience is truly a key to every successful deal.
- Landlord surely expects for timely rent deposits but life being so unpredictable, he should be flexible with the payment cycle. Simply ask about the payment policy in clear words before signing on the agreed-upon contract of the property.
- Usually rental solutions providers employ a large staff to deal with customers and send a different person every time you visit the apartment before finalizing it. Make sure that this is not the scenario and ask for the contact person who will be communicating with you on regular basis and help you in case of emergencies.
“The ache for home lives in all of us, the safe place where we can go as we are and not be questioned” – Maya Angelou
HAVE A HAPPY STAY!