Have an eco-friendly livinghnk_admin
“When we heal the Earth, we heal ourselves”– David Orr
By each passing year, amount of natural resources available to human beings for use is trimming down with racing speed, which gives a rise to the importance of green homes for our environment.
Have you ever wondered how much you can save on your wallet and energy by opting to live in an eco-friendly way? Eco-friendly living surely helps people live a more resource-friendly and sustainable lifestyle while lessens their contribution in polluting the Mother Land.
Let’s take some small eco-friendly steps towards making our homes a healthy place to live in –
- Most of us especially teenagers have this habit of leaving their electronic devices plugged even when they are not in use, which draws unnecessary power and increase the numbers of your electricity bill so always set your appliances on sleep or keep them unplugged when not in use. Use CFL or LED bulbs to slash the energy consumption for light as they last about ten times as long as old incandescent bulbs.
- Installing sink faucets and showerheads that use less water per minute would be a great idea to save each drop of water. Keep checking for water leakages if any and fix them immediately without wasting even a minute.Most of us still have this habit of brushing our teeth while water is running incessantly so avoid that if you wish to see your planet live longer.
- Keep your Kitchen well ventilated by placinga good quality chimney and improve the air quality you breathe in within your home.
- Bring in life to your place by adding few plants in the balconies, near windows, on terraces as they totally change the atmosphere of the house, making it fresh and soothing.
- It’s the walking trend in the market to use hardwood floors in their homes oblivious of the fact that trees trimmed down to create such flooring take years to grow. Always consider using sustainable materials for flooring like Bamboo that grows quickly with less human efforts.
- Instead of throwing away the kitchen scraps like vegetable peels, used tissue papers in plastic bags that produces methane gas in bundle, compostingthemwill be a more healthy idea.
- Let the sunshine brighten your place by adding more curtains and windows instead of new fancy lights.
- Use eco paints on your walls that are labeled “VOC- free”to stay healthy and Eco-friendly.
- Embrace natural cleaning products like Vinegar, Baking Soda, Lemons, and Coffee grounds to clean your house, especially the kitchen and save on your wallet and health both.
Going eco-friendly with your homes is never a bad idea.
What’s the use of a fine house if you haven’t got a tolerable planet to put it on? – Henry David Thoreau