Everything you need to throw an awesome house partyhnk_admin
A house party is basically an excuse to meet your old friends and have ultimate fun. Best part of having house parties is that everything from guest list to music will be of your choice. But with great fun comes a huge responsibility of keeping every detail on place with no space for errors.
Hosting a house party where everyone leaves the place with smiling and joyous faces can be a challenging task but not impossible.
Here is a list of everything you need to throw an awesome house party –
- Pay utmost attention while penning down your guest list and choose which friend to invite, which friend to keep aside. You wouldn’t want to invite someone who has always been a troublemaker or create fuss for no reason. Choose friends who get along really well and have similar interests. Chances are few of your guests will be stranger to each other so don’t forget to introduce them as the only thing they have in common is you and be a pleasant host. It will mark a good beginning to your party.
- Make a list of all the required items a week before the party so that you are not rushing around to buy or rent the stuff on end moment. Make sure that you have all the essentials in good stock like serving dishes, extra plates and glasses, tissue papers, ice etc.
- You don’t want your guests dancing on the couch or beds so make sure that there is enough space for them on the floor to roam around. Rearrange the furniture as needed to make your house look spacious and clean.
- Planning a house party when your flat mate is out of town?
Well in such a case, make sure that no guest is allowed to enter their rooms or it’s better to keep their bedroom doors locked to avoid any messwith all of the booze you are planning to have with your friends. Hide the stuff that you don’t want broken and keep your cupboards locked.
- There will always be few guests who are going to complain about the arrangements especially the choice of food till the end so it’s a delightful idea to keep a good variety in both food and drinks. If you have enough time and cooking talents, try to cook some of your most loved dishes and surprise your guests.
- Think about what are you supposed to play. Don’t go offbeat while curating the playlist for your house party but keep a mix tape so that guests don’t get bored. Also don’t get too loud with the music and let your neighbors sleep in peace.
- To give your space some house party feels, replace your yellow bulbs with colored lights or cover the existing ones with colored tissue papers. A brightly lit space offers pleasant party vibes.
- Think of few fun games to keep your friends entertained throughout the party. Some interesting card games (Poker, Monopoly deal, UNO) or beer pong will never give you any chance of disappointment but keep the guests occupied for long.
A little fun never hurts anybody.